Katharine's Progress

Monday, December 23, 2013

Day 100 and Thoughts on the holidays

DAY 100. Christmas is just 2 sleeps away! Can't believe how fast time flies. This week has been mixed.

I used a little bit of my Christmas bonus to buy a new dress for the holidays, and I was able to buy a smaller size for the first time in awhile. The fit was so much better too, which made me so ridiculously happy. For the first time I took 3 dresses into the change room and didn't have a freak-out or have to struggle to get any one of them over my head or bust or hips. There is always that fear for me that the dress will seem like it's going on alright, but then it gets stuck midway and then I have to start yanking at it and praying that I don't rip it. It was a wonderful feeling of elation to fit into those dresses. This time, I actually had a choice of which one I wanted to buy, not just the first one that fit. I feel quite content just thinking back on it.

On the other hand, I didn't have a great weight loss this week. It didn't surprise me, as I had worked late many nights and had 2 Christmas parties. I'm really proud that I still got 3 workouts done this week despite the busy schedule. If you had told me 4 months ago "Katharine, in a few months, working out 3 times will seem like just a regular week, not even a great one" I would have laughed in your face. I'm really getting to be quite addicted to that wonderful feeling after a workout, that rush of endorphins and feeling of accomplishment and strength. I'm still feeling those thigh and glute exercises from Saturday!

For the next week, I will focus on maintaining my weight loss. It can be a challenge over the holidays, but definitely do-able. Beginning in the new year, I'm all set with my training plan for the Sun Run providing me with 3 sessions of cardio per week, and I bought my bootcamp package with Team Fitness with should keep me set for strength training for the next 10 weeks.

With New Year's resolution coming up soon I'm hoping our little TF+ group will have some new recruits... No time like the present!

No comments:

Post a Comment