Katharine's Progress

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Day 78 and Thoughts on cupcakes

DAY 78. It's been a great week, looking back on my goals after last week's less-than-stellar weigh-in, I hit them all pretty much. I did a good hard workout every day except Friday (wrestling with the tree was enough!). I even did a workout today before work, which I don't usually do on Sundays, as I like to have one day to sleep in. Unfortunately, the scale did not reflect my hard work this week :( only down 0.7 lb. So lame. It's really the first time where I was surprised and disappointed with the number on the scale. I honestly don't feel like it repesents my hard work this week. Last week with all the stress at work and stuff, I sort of expected the lower weight loss, but this week I kicked ass. I know I should be happy with every little bit, but when I literally ate nothing off plan, and up'ed my workouts, it pisses me off to see such a small loss. I'm hoping that next week will be a huge loss in compensation, or at least that I've lost some inches this week instead of pounds. Perhaps my body just needs time to mourn the loss of all those fat cells before letting them go...


I made another awesomely delicious dinner on Friday night... roasted beets and asparagus, green salad and seared Hawaiian opah filet. The opah filet was soooo good. If I didn't know better, I would have thought I was eating chicken. It was amazing. It is a little pricey, so I'll mostly stick with the salmon, tilapia and prawns that I usually buy, but as a special treat.... gah, so good. After dinner, my boyfriend and I decorated our Christmas tree... pretty much a perfect evening.


Last night I had a girls night with my friends. I could have just pretended it didn't happen and not write about it on my blog, but I want to stay accountable... I must fess up to eating a couple of mini cupcakes from Cupcakes. I hadn't intended to have any, but in a moment of weakness one ended up in my mouth. I'm not going to lie, after 10 weeks of no desserts, it was divine. I think I died a little bit inside, it was so good. I've never been much of a dessert person, but man, those little buggers are good. We did share some mojitos too, but we made sure to make them a light version, with mostly mint, club soda and some rum. Yes, I have been doing amazingly well this week, so I did feel guilty afterwards. As self-imposed retribution, rather than a 'high carb' day today, I'm making it a 'low carb' day. I also decided that today I had to do a kick ass workout to make up for it too. 

Goals for this week:
1. In addition to the 3 TF+ workouts, do at least 4 x 30 min cardio sessions.
2. Continue to get in my water and sleep.
3. Instead of 'low' days this week, switch to 'none' days.
4. Cut back on after-dinner plain popcorn snacks.
5. No wine allowance this week, due to Saturday night cheat. :(


No comments:

Post a Comment