Katharine's Progress

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Day 87 and Thoughts on re-training myself

DAY 87. I feel like I've been neglecting my poor blog. Oh dear.

Last week was a bit of a disappointment. Because I was trying to do none days, which entail a lot of leafy greens, I found myself getting hungry after lunch and ended up eating off plan, like getting Subway from downstairs after I ate my salad. I wasn't surprised with the scale on Saturday morning, it showed a gain for the week.

I let Leanne know what was going on this week and she's modified the plan so that on a daily basis I have a high meal for breakfast (oatmeal and fruit, omelet and rye toast, etc), a low meal for lunch (stirfry and tofu, salad/veggies and salmon, etc), and a none meal for dinner (salad and fish or tofu), along with my snacks of apples/almonds, protein/almond milk shakes, and/or green smoothies. I think that this will help me stay on track again.

I know I can't beat myself up too much when I've been so good for almost 3 months now. Yes, I've had the occasional slip, but I am amazed with my own willpower. I do realize too that this will be a lifelong struggle... for a long time whatever I felt like eating, I ate. There was no filter. I basically had to teach myself the proper way to eat, like a small child. No Katharine pizza is not an everyday meal, no Katharine you don't need that much cheese, yes Katharine more veggies, yes Katharine drink up your water... To undo decades of bad eating will take a lot of strength and a lot of time. It can be really frustrating some days, just dealing with myself in this respect. I get irritated that I let myself be that way for so long that I've made things so challenging now. But I can't go back in time, all I can do is correct how I do things now. I have to be patient with myself.

Another thing that was resolved last week (finally!) was all the stress regarding my job. I made a decision and spoke to my bosses about it, so that's something off my plate and out of my mind for the time being. I had been offered a lucrative job at another company but after much consideration, I've decided to stay put. My quality of life is more important than money. I don't want to be commuting 2 hours each way and working late, sometimes 7 days a week, that would take away from my workout time! It's crazy how job stress can affect so much. I know I don't live to work or anything, but so much time is spent there, that any issues can seem to unbalance my whole little world.

On another note, my exercising has been great in the past few weeks still. I've been keeping that up. Saturday's workout was super sets with Sarah. Man my chest and arms were killing me after that one. Monday with Eric was intense. My heart rate stayed up near 150 bpm for almost the whole bootcamp and I burned 600 calories in 80 min. This morning I had my personal training session with Sarah. She had me do this one exercise using the TRX. It's a lot like a standing side plank. Anyhow, when she demonstrated it, it just looked like she was sticking out her hip and it seemed really easy. Yeah right. Geez, that one was insanely deceptive. Sarah couldn't stop grinning as I made contorted faces through the whole set and cursed at her. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment