Katharine's Progress

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Day 127 and Thoughts on a lack of momentum

Day 127. Wild Rose cleanse complete. It's been two weeks since my last blog post, which somewhat symbolizes how I feel right now... like I've been neglecting my weight loss journey. I haven't been doing terribly, I just haven't lost the amount I set as my goal. I missed my Saturday workout at TF+ for the first time in months, and Tracy sent me a facebook message afterwards. She truely is an inspiring woman, and so encouraging. It was her little message of encouragement that made me think about why I've been feeling so unmotivated, and what I can do about it.

My issue these days is that I haven't been putting myself first and making it a priority to get to the gym. This week at work I was the only agent in the office, besides the support staff, so I basically worked insane hours. I know I should have set aside specific times to get myself to the gym with no excuses, but I didn't. I know that things at work have been crazy, but that can't be the reason I choose not to make my health a priority. Imagine how things will be down the road, possibly having kids and much more responsibility.

I can't do this to myself over and over... I so tired of starting over, so giving up or letting myself fail is not an option. I don't know what it is, I was so motivated when I started in September and for the first 3 months. December was a challenge, and over the holidays I feel like I lost a lot of momentum. Maybe it's just the stress of more responsibilty at work, and the lull and indulgence of the holidays. I'm so sick of making excuses for myself though, I need to snap out of it. Perhaps I should look at things a little shorter-term... make some goals for each week and give myself a little reward for achieving them.

Goals for this week:

  1. do 3 x 30 min cardio/jogging sessions this week (Sun Run training!)
  2. do 2 x 60 min strength/circuit workouts (Monday at TF+ and 1 morning before work at my gym)
  3. drink 8 glasses of water per day (something I've been slacking)
  4. make all meals at home (been slipping a bit on this)
 





1 comment:

  1. Winter....it is a bit of a slog! No worries though, I can read in the post that you've identified the issue and are going to get it done now. Dig up some old recipes you've loved and start fresh this week.

    ReplyDelete