Katharine's Progress

Monday, January 27, 2014

Day 135 and Thoughts on fancy vinegars

DAY 135. I'm house/dog-sitting for the next 2.5 weeks, it's a gorgeous big house, completely the opposite of our apartment. The kitchen space is amazing. In our apartment kitchen, it's really only practical for one person to be in there at a time, two max. If a third person comes in the kitchen, I start getting claustrophobic and yell at them to bugger off. Point being: way more fun to cook in a nice big kitchen. I had so much fun this morning getting up early, grinding fresh coffee beans and brewing a French press, making my oatmeal, grilling some tofu for lunch (which had the most lovely grill marks!), and chopping up veggies for my salad. They also have an amazing assortment of beautiful aged vinegars so I spent a good 5 minutes selecting one for my vinaigrette dressing and another to marinate my tofu. I think healthy cooking should be fun, it makes it more tolerable to eat lettuce repeatedly if you have fun making a beautiful salad.


The Instagram food journaling has been going well, though I have to admit that I haven't always remembered to take a photo. It's really been helpful to me though to stay accountable.


They also have a treadmill at the house which I have pulled into the den area, so I can watch TV on the big screen while I sweat it out :) I won't be able to get to the gym for the next 2 weeks, as I have to get home after work to take out the dog and it's a big of a drive outside the city, but I'm going to design a little circuit of my own with my hand weights, exercise ball and exercise band. There's tons of space to do it. I can also get on my hiking shoes and go out with the dog. Lots of ways to stay active without a gym, though I do prefer the gym personally... We shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment