Katharine's Progress

Friday, November 29, 2013

Day 76 and Thoughts on peer pressure

DAY 76. Made myself go to boot camp last night and did my 30 min of extra cardio as well. It's very gratifying to look at my heart rate monitor after a good workout and see that I burned almost 600 calories. I'm glad I invested in it, it's been a great tool. The workout was tough, Lauren and I were joking back and forth and pushing each other to challenge ourselves. I'm glad we were, because as a result, I found I was able to lift much more than I had in previous workouts. It made the workout more fun too, the banter back and forth. Peer pressure it a wonderful thing when it's used for good. I think people should be encouraging and pushing each other to challenge ourselves and lead healthy, full lives. It's funny how when you think you can't do something, but you're able to unblock whatever it is in your mind that's holding you back, you find you are actually capable of an extraordinary amount of strength.

Post-workout dinner last night was soooo good. I stopped at the grocery store on the way home and got some fresh asparagus, lemon, dill, and tilapia. I made a huge green salad with raw peppers, my apple cider/ flax oil vinaigrette, oven baked garlic rosemary asparagus, and baked garlic lemon dill tilapia. Tilapia is a more delicate fish, so I'll have to play around with the cooking time more, I overdid it a bit this time, but either way, I sat myself down with my dinner and a wine glass of sparkling water with lemon to feel a little fancier and voila! Bon appetit!

Managed to get a photo this time before inhaling it all. Mmmm...


No comments:

Post a Comment