Katharine's Progress

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Day 11 and Thoughts on Sleep

DAY 11. It’s so weird but I didn't get tired enough to fall asleep for hours last night. Every morning I wake up with copious amounts of energy, pack my lunches and actually be productive at work. Up until I started with Team Fitness, I usually went to bed around 10:30 and woke up at 8 am, more sleep than usually needed. It was a regular occurrence for my boyfriend to become quite annoyed when we were having a lovely evening together but I fell asleep on the couch by 10 pm. Yesterday I worked til 5, had a work meeting, came home and cooked and ate dinner, met with my co-leader at Starbucks for herbal tea and Girl Guide planning, came home and watched a TV show with my boyfriend, then read for a couple hours. It was amazing. I don’t remember the last time I did that much in the span of an evening. When I woke up this morning after about 7.5 hours of sleep, I still felt great. It’s weird. I almost don’t trust it. I know that my body is beginning to heal from the inside and start running the way it’s supposed to, which is probably the cause of my needing less sleep and feeling great all the time. I found this photo online, seemed to fit…


 
I watched the documentary ‘Hungry for Change’ the other day, and if anyone is curious about what the Team Fitness meal plan is all about or curious about making a change to a more healthy and natural lifestyle… definitely check it out. There are some really interesting people featured in the film, including Kris Carr, the woman who started the ‘Crazy Sexy Diet’ and has used healthy vegan living to slow down and control her rare and incurable form of lung and liver cancer for 10 years now. As an aside, she also looks like she’s still in her twenties and she’s over 40… It’s really amazing what a healthy lifestyle can accomplish.


I’m also gearing up to start watching the Biggest Loser in a week! In the past I used to comfortably curl up on the couch with a bowl of buttery popcorn and a drink, and watch the contestants sweat it out. This time I’m going to be an active participant! It’s a 90 min show (once you PVR and fast-forward through the 30 min of commercials…) so I’m going to come up with some sort of Biggest Loser bingo, like ‘do 10 crunches every time Gillian yells at someone’. At that rate, I’m going to be buff after a few airings, lol.

1 comment:

  1. Great idea to do a Biggest Lower bingo!! :) Please let me know how you are going to do it and I will follow along at the same time!

    ReplyDelete