Katharine's Progress

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Day 7 and Thoughts on Cravings

DAY 7 and the first trio training session at Team Fitness. Sarah definitely kicked my ass today! I managed to hold my plank position for 60 seconds this time, again shaking by the end but I did it. Cardio was intense today too. As I did my third or fourth set of stairs, all I could think was "This is how I'm going to die: death by stairs." As it turns out, what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger. Though when I got home, I'm not going to lie, I took the elevator up to my apartment...

I had the most amazing brunch when I got home from my workout, an egg white omelet with strips of zucchini, chopped spinach, onion, garlic and some cayenne and chilli powder. With a little mashed avocado on the side to cool the heat of the peppers, it was so yummy! I would have taken a photo to share, but it was consumed before the thought crossed my mind. :)  I love that taking away all the salt and processed stuff makes me play around with flavours I didn't think I really liked. I never would have used chilli powder or cayenne before, but now I'm really embracing new flavours. I feel like my taste is starting to improve too, I'm enjoying new veggies and really appreciating different tastes and textures in them. I've always liked veggies and salads, but before they'd be coated in creamy dressings and cheese. This meal plan has allowed me to take it down a notch, enjoy the simplicity of the raw and natural flavours.
I have to come clean too, yesterday I drove past about three McDonalds while running errands and some devious thoughts did cross my mind. I kept thinking "No one would have to know, just a few fries would taste so good..." But someone would know, I would. It was tough, but I didn't want to disappoint myself. I also realized that one bite would turn into ten, and then I'd feel disgusting and weak. I was proud for overcoming all the temptations this first week, but it also made me realize that it will be a continuous struggle. I just need to keep telling myself to get through it one day at a time and when my new healthy habits are formed it'll get easier. One day at a time.

1 comment:

  1. Just so you know, we all get those fry cravings, you are not alone on that one. Be proud of yourself that you drove past and do something nice for yourself because of it (a good magazine or book with a bubble bath is always a special treat!). Death by stairs, had to laugh at that one! It will get easier, everything will get easier so just keep plugging away, before you know it you'll be craving the cardio -- trust me on that one...

    ReplyDelete