Katharine's Progress

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Day 12 and Thoughts about Push-Ups

DAY 12. I’m sitting at my desk munching on a salad and thinking to myself, “Man, this oven-roasted tofu is soo good.” Things have certainly changed in just under two weeks, lol. I don’t think I would have uttered those words before. I seriously need to find out their recipe though. I’ve also already started to notice a bit of a change on the outside, I have a suit dress for work that is a bit binding and had become more tight in recent months, today I was so happy when I noticed that it feels a bit looser and more comfortable.

My second early-morning workout today, Chris definitely kicked my ass again today. I was doing push-ups, even modified they were still really tough for me. I vowed, then and there, that I would be able to do a regular push-up by the end of this experience. Not a girly one, a proper one. I know it doesn’t seem like much, but it’s the little triumphs that add up to something great. As I progress on this journey there will be so much to look forward too, I can’t wait until I’m at a level that I can keep up my boyfriend when we go for a jog together. We live super close to Ambleside Beach and the seawall, so lots of quality time could be spent jogging together, enjoying the beautiful ocean views and salty sea air. J

I got my new heart rate monitor this morning too. It’s the most adorably pink monitor and I’m so excited to start using it. It’ll be especially great to have it while I go on vacation, cause let’s be honest, it’s a lot harder to push yourself as hard as the trainers can push you. The heart rate monitor will help me properly gauge my level of activity while I work out so I don’t go easy on myself.

One thing I’ve noticed this week that’s better than the last is that my body is becoming used to my new level of food and stuff. I’m not getting the same hunger pangs or cravings or random emotional breakdowns (yes, there was a couple occasions of these last week). This is probably not only good for me, but good for my boyfriend who is on the receiving end of such emotional breakdowns and complaints about hunger and cravings. If you’re reading this sweetie, I’m sorry… In terms of cravings, I’ve still had the occasional dirty thought about a veggie burger and fries from Cactus Club or the fettuccine alfredo from Carmello’s, but I’ve definitely not giving in to them. I feel a bit bad though, my favourite server at Carmello’s always waves when I walk by on my lunch break but I never go in anymore, lol. In terms of hunger pangs, last week there were a couple nights where I was still hungry at like 8 pm, so I had some plain air popped popcorn as a snack, but this week I haven’t needed to. Popcorn is one of my favourite things, actually let me clarify, movie theatre popcorn is one my favourite things, lol. Being allowed to eat popcorn as a light snack, however unlike the popcorn I love, is still comforting and somewhat filling.

I’m getting pretty darned excited about my vacation… just 3 sleeps away!

2 comments:

  1. Lovin your blog btw! keep up the great work!!

    I've always found a small baked potato to be very satisfying for hunger pangs... Even with nothing on it it just wams and fills the belly... (I do usually add fat-free sour cream though)... May not fit into your meal plan just yet, but trust me it is a good way to ward off cravings

    I'm also looking forward to Biggest Loser.. I used to order pizza and watch the show, but for the last 4 seasons I've always lost 5-10 pounds. I'm ready to get back into it.. LAST CHANCE WORKOUTS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) Doing a blog is kind of like really cheap therapy. That's a good idea, when I'm able to add those things back in, I'll have to try it

    ReplyDelete