Katharine's Progress

Monday, September 30, 2013

Day 16 and Thoughts on Changes in Plans

DAY 16. The cruise vacation was cancelled :( The weather was too bad to leave the port so we got a free night in what was essentially a floating hotel and then disembarked this morning. The wedding yesterday was so lovely, and it was great to have a free night aboard and enjoy dinner and dancing.

I was super proud of myself. There was temptation everywhere but I did not give in once. When I got up at 5 am, (gah! hair and make-up took awhile) I made my protein shake and brought an apple and some almonds for a snack. I didn't have anything to drink but lots of water and a cup or two of black coffee (with a splash of soy). I did my toast with sparkling water and lemon in a champagne glass. During the reception, I had some plain shrimp with marinara sauce and at dinner I asked to modify the entree to work for me (salmon with lots of green veggies and no potatoes please!). Breakfast this morning was a delish egg white omelet from the omelet station with spinach, mushrooms and salsa, yum!

Overall, yesterday was unforgettable... I had the most amazing time and spent the evening in the company of my friends, dancing and having fun til the wee hours of the morning. I should have put on my heart rate monitor, cause I'm sure I burnt a bunch of calories yesterday with all that running around and dancing!

New vacation plan: my boyfriend and I are taking off to Bellingham/ Seattle for the week. It'll be much easier to follow my plan when I can buy some groceries and make a few meals in our hotel. We'll definitely pick a place that has a gym too!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome Katharine!! Have a great time in Seattle...maybe spoil yourself with a spa treatment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete