Katharine's Progress

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Day 14 and Thoughts on Encouragement


DAY 14. Because I’ll be away next week, I did my weigh in this morning. The scale reports that I’m at 279 lbs… down 17 lbs so far! One of my goals is to lose 20 lbs the first month, so it looks like not only will I be able to meet that goal, I’ll be able to leave it in the dust. I know that my blogs do try to stay optimistic, but this journey is hard. I am so proud to see that number dropping as my body responds to the hard work and willpower I’m putting in. I had no idea my willpower and resolve was so strong. It makes me wonder what else I could accomplish if I really wanted to.

Kick ass workout this morning! I had my new heart rate monitor on, so I could see where I was at during the workout. One particular station was a small unassuming blue ball, a little smaller than a volleyball. We had to lift it over our head and slam it to the ground, then catch it on the bounce. When I picked it up, that little bugger was heavy! And it did not bounce, well, maybe 3 inches off the floor. After 1 minute of that I was dizzy and my heart rate was up to 160 bpm. It’s always those unassuming exercises that get you, lol. It was a tiny bit satisfying to slam it on the ground though. There was what I thought was a great moment today too… I was trying to do push ups, and I was really struggling. I didn’t think I could do another one, but Tracy piped up and said “You can do it!” I actually felt really encouraged and lifted, and got through it J It’s really amazing how a few kind words of encouragement can really motivate us to keep going. The TF+ group is so amazing like that, we really want to see each other succeed and look forward to our workouts together. At the end of the workout my heart rate monitor reported that I had burned around 600 calories!

Last night was my best friend’s rehearsal dinner. Pizza and beer. Not just any pizza, the good pizza from Hell’s Pizza. My best friend and I discovered it in New Zealand when we were travelling through there, and they happened to open up a location in North Van when the owner came to Canada. They have awesome toppings like artichoke, avocado and brie. Drool. I outsmarted it though, I made some salmon and packed a salad to bring along, and stuck to water.

It’ll be great to see how my bridesmaid dress looks tomorrow with a few pounds lost J

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic Katharine!! To manage to forgo the pizza and beer says a lot for how much you want this! I think working as a group is the key to success, not only the encouragement but also to see others overcome challenges can be inspirational.
    Can't wait to hear all about the holiday. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete