Katharine's Progress

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Day 67 and Thoughts on using anger for good!

DAY 67. Yet another kick ass workout with the TF+ group on Monday. Wes had us alternate 5 flights of stairs with strength training. We conquered the Empire State Building again! It did seem a lot easier than the first time I started doing sets of stairs. I remember feeling like 2 sets of stairs would literally kill me, and now here I am doing 25 flights :)

It's been a busy and stressful last few weeks at work, so the workouts have really been feeling therapeutic. Monday was hellish, it seemed like every person that called had a litany of complaints. Nothing went right. Seriously, at some point I just gave up trying to be productive and tried to work on my Broker's course assignments instead. However, there's nothing like successfully-directed anger to really charge you up for lifting weights. It's like every grunt and groan and bead of sweat is cleansing me inside. All the bullshit falls away and you just be present in that moment and focus on working as hard as you can, and feel every ounce of your own strength. It's such a good feeling. I love it. I mentioned to Leanne last week that it's getting to the point that if I don't get some sort of workout done in a day, even a 30 min walk or something, I feel a little guilty and incomplete. Gotta love those endorphins!

I wanted to take a minute to say thank you to all those friends, family members, acquaintances, and co-workers who had been so supportive along the way so far. I've received so many wonderfully surprising messages of support from friends that I haven't spoken to in awhile, and had no idea were even reading about my journey. It's so amazing to hear kind words, especially when things feel tough. I have saved each of the messages I've received and when I feel like I need a boost, I go back and look through them. Yes, you definitely need to cultivate healthier tastes to lose weight, but it's certainly not my love of lettuce that has been keeping me going. It's all of you <3

No comments:

Post a Comment