Katharine's Progress

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Day 74 and Thoughts on finding the humour in things

DAY 74. Woke up feeling good again today. Thank you to Sarah for the sore arms, back and abs today. Good sore though. Been a madly busy day at work, but I think my self-talk has been working, not nearly as stressed or upset as last week. Currently trying a new thing where I listen to complaints or deal with frustrations with a sort of curious amusement. It's a good thing I mostly deal with people over the phone, cause I think the little smirk on my face would probably just piss them off more. Hehe. Maybe that's the key to dealing with stress, look at everything as having some humour to it. Definitely makes it easier to swallow, I think.

Humour is a wonderful thing. I like to think of myself as having a decent sense of humour, although when put on the spot I can never 'be funny'. I find that I'm at my funniest when I'm hanging out with my dad, but that might be parental bias and him just continually telling me I'm funny cause I'm his daughter. Or maybe I can only be funny in a dad sort of way. Oh no. Anyhow.... digression. Humour is key, how else can someone who was almost 300 lbs at her heaviest jump around on a bosa ball, or do 'dead bug' sit-ups, or somewhat pathetically do push-ups?? I've definitely been willing to laugh at myself and look like a fool, because at the end of the day, yeah I might look silly sometimes, but I'm getting it done. I'm working hard and sweating it out and having fun doing it. I've lost over 30 lbs already and I can feel myself getting smaller and stronger.

This morning I had gotten up early enough to pack my meals for the day. Because it's a high carb day, I made an egg white and avocado salad sandwich on dark rye bread. It was surprising not to need the mayonnaise that I would normally have on an egg salad and was sooo good! I have to share this recipe (thank you to Leanne for sharing with me).

Avocado Egg White Salad (2 servings)
- 6 hardboiled egg whites
- 1/2 avocado, chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- pinch of salt and pepper

Tomorrow I'll have the other half in lettuce wraps, for my low carb day :)

Well, back to the grind. Insane day of appointments tomorrow, will have to get up early and pack all my meals so I'm not tempted to stop for take-out!




No comments:

Post a Comment