Katharine's Progress

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Day 73 and Thoughts on resting and recharging

DAY 73. Rested and recharged. Lovely bubble bath after the TF+ workout last night and some reading before bed. I'm going to make sure that this week makes up for last week. Lots of challenging workouts, raw recipes, water, good sleep and bubble baths. It's funny how much power there is in suggestion. Just telling yourself how something is going to be, that's how it will become. This morning I got up and ready for my TF workout with Sarah and I told myself it was going to be an awesome day. I repeated it while I had my almond milk and protein powder shake for breakfast and repeated it again as I drove to Team Fitness.

I had a great workout. There was a bit of pain around my left elbow last night when I tried to do push-ups, so Sarah sort of worked around it and it was fine. Seems to be just a bit of a strained muscle. When she gave me a choice of cardio machines, I picked the treadmill and she laughed and said she'd make me sorry I picked it. True. I was. Thanks Sarah... But sorry in a good way, a panting and sweating and pushing myself way. It feels good to sweat it out first thing in the morning, prepares me mentally for the day ahead. I feel like no one can mess with me today. And even if they try, my mind is clear and ready. I shall whip them into a verbal frenzy! M wah ha ha!

I know I've probably said it before, but it's amazing to see these changes in myself. Sure I've had a bad last week or so, but I certainly hadn't reverted to my old ways by any stretch. The old Katharine would have taken a week like last week and used it an excuse to quit. The old Katharine basically did nothing but work, sleep, eat and watch TV. Now, while movies are still a keen interest for me (especially the old classics), I feel like they're not an all-consuming hobby anymore. I want to do other things and get out and be active and I now realize that I'm capable of it. Currently I'm working 2 jobs, 6 days per week, volunteering as a Girl Guide leader, working out 3-5 days per week and still finding time for myself, my boyfriend and friends/family. All those other things used to be the excuses why I couldn't workout or eat right, now they're my drive. I mean, I don't think that any friend or family member would rightfully want me to use them as an excuse to be unhealthy. And besides, it wouldn't be true. It was just me projecting my own excuses onto others to avoid dealing with my own issues. Whoa, way deep there, lol.

Yes, the TF+ 12 week contest will be ending soon, but I've still committed to this particular meal plan and exercise regime for 1 year. And I've committed to maintaining a healthy lifestyle forever, so while I may have bad days or even weeks, there are no excuses to quit.

I think I might walk over to the market and get a fancy raw veggie salad for lunch, treat myself a little :)

No comments:

Post a Comment