Katharine's Progress

Monday, November 25, 2013

Day 72 and Thoughts on some recent struggles

DAY 72. This past week or two has really taken it out of me. I've been stressed about a major career decision and letting the stress get to me too much. There's no right answer for what I should do, so I keep flip-flopping and I think the indecision is creating more upset for myself. My job hasn't been exactly a piece of cake lately either, it has seemed like every day I've had some unpleasant interaction. My job does entail this sort of thing on a semi-regular basis, but it's not usually everyday. I also noticed that my sleeping patterns were off this week, having trouble sleeping through the night regularly and waking at weird hours, then causing me to be tired earlier in the evenings. My Girl Guides had a sleepover this weekend, which was not exactly conducive to getting extra sleep. I know it's taking a toll on my boyfriend too, as with me being so busy taking extra meetings, he's been left to deal with all the household stuff and when I'm at home, I'm just exhausted and haven't been the most wonderful company to be around.

I was disappointed with my weigh-in this week, only down 0.6 lbs. I'm not entirely surprised given what's been going on, but I'm annoyed with myself for letting this other stuff affect my weight loss. However, I'm still plugging away and each day is a new day. I think that if this had been last year, this would be about the time that I give up and stop working out and start making bad food decisions. In the past, any time that life has gotten a little bit hard, I've run right for the veggie burgers and fries, the spaghetti and the grilled cheese. It's like I was trying to make a security blanket for myself, in the form of an weight on my body. There are so many other more healthy ways to comfort myself. I'm not quitting this time. I'm not going to let what will probably just seem like a hic up later on, ruin all the good changes I've been making. I'm really glad that I've been blogging and sharing my journey with my friends and family, cause in times like this, times that get tough, I really need the encouragement. Last week I went to my dad's for dinner and he had made extra veggies for me specially, and bought some tofu for me. I don't think that my dad's fridge has seen tofu since I moved out, lol. It made me so happy to have him support me, even just in that little way.

So, in essence, I'm not going to let myself down or let any of my friends or family down. No quitting.

Goals for this week to refresh my mindset:
  1. get 8 hours of sleep each night. priority this week.
  2. keep getting that water in!
  3. do extra cardio this week. 30 min after both Monday/Saturday sessions and extra 30-45 min on Wednesday/Thursday/Friday. also maybe go for a nice walk on Sunday morning as well.
  4. cut back the coffee. too much caffeine last 2 weeks, might be causing sleep problems.
  5. no wine allowance this week.
  6. keep dairy intake down. eczema on wrist has been clearing up with less dairy intake.
  7. do something relaxing each day, maybe 20-30 min yoga/meditation or bubble bath.

No comments:

Post a Comment