Katharine's Progress

Friday, November 1, 2013

Day 48 and Thoughts on working harder

DAY 48. Tough workout with Sarah last night. Really tough. At some point during the workout Sarah asked me my heart rate which was at about 135 bpm. I thought I was working hard, as I was fairly out of breath. She just looked at me with a no-nonsense look and said "You're holding back on me." I thought about it for a second, yeah I guess I was. In the first couple weeks, when I got upto 135 bpm, that was pretty hard, one time in the first couple weeks I got up to 155 bpm and I thought I would pass out. I felt dizzy and light-headed. I came to the realization that my body is getting into better shape so I can't look at the monitor and think that 135 is working hard anymore. I need to work harder. For the rest of the workout, whenever I thought I couldn't go any harder or faster, or control my muscles in weight exercise, I proved myself wrong. I kept my heart rate up to around 145-158 bpm and at the end I really felt like I worked hard and was totally spent. No point in doing anything half-assed, I want to do this right. Don't get me wrong, I always work hard during my sessions. I take my time to do the strength training correctly, slow and steady and controlled. I still find the weight training to be very challenging and still feel sore after every workout. I just realized that especially in my cardio, I can push myself harder. I don't want to feel at the end of a workout that I still have anything left, I want to give it all I've got. And so I shall.

On a lighter note, my boyfriend and I carved our pumpkin last night and I roasted the seeds with some cayenne, cumin, garlic and pepper. In the oven at 250 degrees for an hour, turning occasionally. Soooo good. Going to try them on my salad for lunch today.

No comments:

Post a Comment