Katharine's Progress

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Day 75 and Thoughts on following through

DAY 75. Last night after work I had my Girl Guide meeting, we watched a movie and I painted what felt like an endless amount of nails (our recovery for weekend sleepover meeting). By the time the meeting ended at 8 pm, I was wiped and just wanted to go home. However, I told myself I was going to go to the gym and so I did. I did 30 minutes on the treadmill and read my book. The time passed by fairly quickly. I felt really good that I followed through with getting myself there. When I got home, my boyfriend asked why I was late and I replied 'I said I was going to the gym so that's what I did.' He was taken aback and thought I was angry with him. I guess it came out a little bitchy. I laughed and responded that I was saying it more emphatically for my own benefit. Accountability!

This actually seems to be a problem these days, we find it so easy to back out of commitments and meetings, show up late to parties and functions. I know I can be flakey sometimes, when it's been a long day I don't always feel like going out and being social. I talk so much at work (and everywhere else for that matter) that when I get home I just want to sit and be quiet for a bit. I definitely don't want to be standing up my friends and family though. But one place I absolutely cannot be flakey anymore is with my commitments to myself and my health. If I say I'm going to the gym, I'm going. It's so easy to break promises to myself because no one else is going to be affected in that moment, but in the long term, it's going to hurt me and others in my life. One missed gym trip turns into 2, which turns into 10. I'm not going let myself flake out and fall off the wagon. There is nothing more frustrating than having to start at the beginning again and repeat all the hard work I've already done before.

On the road with appointments today, so I have my snacks and my egg salad lettuce wraps with me. Boot camp tonight and an extra 30 minutes of cardio afterwards. Anther good day, looks like that recession from the last couple weeks is over.


No comments:

Post a Comment