Katharine's Progress

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Day 47 and Thoughts on Halloween

DAY 47. Along with the rest of the world, I have been inundated with advertising for Halloween candy for several weeks now. It's driving me crazy. I don't even like candy that much, never been a huge sweet tooth, yet these days all I want is pile of fun-size candy bars. It's ridiculous. There was a blatant ad on the radio basically saying "Buy extra candy for the kids, but really, you'll want to eat it too!" Seriously? Yeah. Some days I wish I lived in a bubble. Without advertising, I wouldn't feel half the cravings I feel for random junk like Burger King or pasta or steak (this coming from a vegetarian). I guess the nice thing is, eventually my willpower will be so strong from resisting all those cravings, that I will be able to do anything! M wah ha ha! In a way, I feel more superior to those people on the Biggest Loser, who actually do live in a bubble, cause I'm losing this weight in my regular life, with all its ups and downs and stresses and frustrations.

Instead of my early morning workout this morning, I'm doing a Hallo-workout tonight at TF with Sarah. At least it'll take me away from the apartment, in which my boyfriend is trying to coerce me into watching scary movies. There are those who can handle horror movie and those who cannot. I fall into the latter category, though he never ceases to try to change that. Sigh.

Good lunch for today, some leftovers from dinner, vegetarian chili and salad. I try to play around with my lettuces, and try new ones. I really like butter lettuce, so soft and delicate. I also started adding some Dijon mustard to my dressing and it's really tasty. The Dijon makes it taste more like a Caesar dressing.

My go-to salad dressing:
- 2 tbsp. flax seed oil
- 1 tbsp. balsamic or other vinegar
- 1-2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- pinch of oregano, thyme, basil and black pepper

My other new thing is on the days where I have my 1 cup of plain yogurt with protein powder, I add 1 tbsp. of raw unsweetened cocoa powder and a sprinkle of stevia. Has a nice flavour to is, almost like creamy chocolate pudding, but less sweet. Mmm.


No comments:

Post a Comment