Katharine's Progress

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Day 25 and Thoughts about Portions

DAY 25. No cheese for 3 ½ weeks now. I’m pretty impressed with myself. Man, when I woke up today I felt that workout from yesterday. My arms and legs were so sore, along with some of my core muscles. It’s a good kind of sore though, makes me proud. I’m not really complaining when I whine about sore muscles, I feel like it’s more like bragging, like ‘Ha, my muscles worked super hard yesterday, what did yours do??’

Last night my boyfriend cooked dinner for both of us. It’s pretty awesome, he knows to check the meal plan chart on the fridge to see what day it is and what I have for that meal. He made veggie stir fry with some grilled tofu (and some rice and chicken for him). It was delicious, just not enough… I finished in like 3 minutes and then started eyeing his plate, lol. I find that I need quite a good plateful of veggies to keep me full. They don’t have a lot of calories, so provided that they’re not fried or coated in dressings, that’s just fine. I usually use a large dinner plate and fill 3/4 of it with mixed veggies and lettuce salad, the other 1/4 is protein. On the higher carb days, I add 1/2 cup of quinoa or brown rice as well. I've been thinking about the portions I used to eat. My dinner plate used to be filled with about 1/2 starchy carbs, 1/4 veggies, and 1/4 protein. And if I'm really being honest, sometimes that 1/4 of veggies was not present, and was replaced with cheese or sauce instead. When I was down in the states, at one of the buffets, I was aghast at the plates that people were dishing for themselves. I can't be totally self-righteous though, because I was like that only a short time ago. I like the visuals, they tend to hammer it home...
 
 
 
 
 
I’m so excited that Biggest Loser is starting next week. I’ve devised a bingo to get active during each episode:
 
·         10 crunches every time Gillian yells at someone
·         10 push-ups every time a contestant falls off an exercise machine
·         10 alternating lunges every time someone cheats at a temptation challenge
·         10 squats every time a contestant cries
·         20 jumping jacks every time they do a shameless product promotion

I’ll come up with more later, this is a good start. If anyone has any other suggestions, feel free to comment!

2 comments:

  1. Is honey allowed? Just made some awesome cookies with oats, honey, apple sauce, banana, cranberries, peanut butter and sunflower seeds -- that's it!! super healthy and soooo good. If you are allowed honey and peanut butter I'll send over the recipe. Otherwise maybe some modifications would make it okay. They are really filling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, gmemstr is me...Jenny...don't know how to log gabriel out!

    ReplyDelete