Katharine's Progress

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Day 32 and Thoughts on little cheats

DAY 32. Around noon yesterday I started craving that yummy vegetable stew I made in the slow cooker last week, so I called home and asked my boyfriend to put a bunch of veggies and tofu in the slow cooker, top with some spices and the rest of the low-sodium veggie broth. When I came home the apartment smelled so good. It was such a lovely night. While I enjoyed my veggie stew for dinner, my boyfriend and I watched the new Biggest Loser episode and relaxed. I decided at some point that I wanted to bake bread so we went for a drive and ended up at Walmart . I decided that baking bread would not be a good idea that night so I bought a new mandolin slicer instead. When I got home I did try to make some zucchini chips for a snack, but they utterly failed. Probably cause after I sliced, sprayed with a light mist of olive oil spray and garlic/rosemary, I went to bed and left them in the oven for like 3 hours. Luckily my boyfriend did take them out, but they were not good. Really not good. I'm not sure why, but I seem to forget between uses, that our oven runs hotter, so cooking them over the time listed on the recipe is probably a really bad idea. Oops. Will try again tomorrow. They looked cute though, they got to about 1/3 of the size and really crispy.

I was thinking about little cheats the other day, as I read Tracy's blog. She's amazing, defying DQ ice cream cake at her hubby's birthday! It made me laugh cause while we were on the cruise, my boyfriend and I did what I will call 'little cheats'. I'd goad him into eating a piece of cheesecake or chocolate cake and then I'd kiss him, to get teeny bit of the dessert essence. Sorry Leanne, I didn't write those ones down in the food journal! I know it isn't really a cheat per se, it just makes me smile thinking about it. I've also taken to walking by my favourite restaurants and bakeries instead of avoiding them, and just enjoying the delicious smells and still confidently walking away. I don't need to use as much willpower and self-restraint as I did a few weeks ago, because while I have those little thoughts about cheese and pasta once in awhile, I don't want the crap food anymore and the smells don't tempt me as they used to. I can just enjoy the lovely aromas, like scented candles, and keep walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment