Katharine's Progress

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Day 28 and Thoughts about Thanksgiving!

DAY 28. Amazing workout this morning with the trio of TF+ winners. Felt so good. It was a beautiful day so Sarah had us fast walking/ jogging around the block in between sets of strength exercises as our cardio. At the end of the workout I was super happy. Like ridiculously giddy. Probably annoyingly so, lol.

My boyfriend and I did a big shop today and got tons of veggies. He's going to try doing a juice cleanse for a few days. This week I add back in wheat, but only 2 days per week and only in the form of spelt or dark rye bread for a sandwich. I've never had dark rye bread so we shall see...

Our fridge today in shades of green...

It't Thanksgiving at my uncle and aunt's tonight so there was some preparation involved. Knowing that I'd have to pass on pumpkin pie... I tested out a new recipe from therawtarian.com ... avocado chocolate pudding. Super easy and amazing. Just soak 1/2 cup of dates in warm water for about an hour. On low in the blender, blend the soaked dates, 1 avocado, 1 tbsp honey, 3 tbsp raw cocoa powder, and about 1/4 cup water. Refrigerate until chilled. I had that for dessert tonight and it was wonderfully decadent. Everyone had a taste and remarked how good it was, even my dad who hates any diet food or the like, which he has coined 'death food.' I also cooked my Tofurky as I do every Thanksgiving and Christmas.  It's a good vegetarian protein (and I think it tastes great) but it does have salt and stuff, so it's not a regular protein source, just a holiday thing. The wonderful smells in the house didn't bother me like I thought it might. It just made me feel cozy and comforted, happy to be with my family. It was really great to hear the compliments from my relatives that they could already notice a difference, not only in my appearance but also how I carry myself. I love a new captive audience to tell about my journey and my meal and exercise plan.

Because of the holiday, we won't have the regular check-in on Monday but we will have our group workout. My home scale has reported good news this week but I want to verify on the official TF scale before I post my results on my blog. I'll just say that I'm pretty damn proud of myself.

Tonight my aunt and I were discussing my weight loss and my blog, and she made an interesting comment. She said that the blogging is a great way to leave behind my issues as I continue along my journey, so by the end I will be ready for my new lifestyle. It's so true, I do feel like my blog allows me the freedom to be totally honest and open. I made the decision to just put it all out there and not look back. I'm so glad I did. Hiding my weight and health issues and my feelings surrounding them was really unhealthy. I feel like with the pounds I shed, I'm shedding the fears and insecurities with them. If anything I write about helps inspire someone else to relate to me and decide to make a healthy change, that would be so amazing. I am so thankful to all those who are supporting me along the way and I want to inspire others to change with me. Happy Thanksgiving! 

No comments:

Post a Comment