Katharine's Progress

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Day 43 and Thoughts on food substitutions

DAY 43. Yesterday was an amazing day. Woke up refreshed, did my weigh-in... down another 2 lbs this week! My home scale currently reads 269.4 lb. The TF+ scale does run a bit higher than my home scale, so I'll see how the weigh-in is tomorrow.

Tristan, Tracy and I had an awesome TF+ workout with trainer Sarah yesterday morning. We alternated 4 min weight circuits and 2 min cardio. We did a bunch of core stuff at the end which I could feel when I got myself out of bed this morning. Now that I'm adding dairy back in to the mix, I tried a Muscle Milk light for breakfast before the workout, as I didn't have any almond milk to make my protein shake. It was really tasty, not quite like honest-to-goodness chocolate milk, but really good. The other time I didn't have any almond milk to make the protein shake, I just used water... yup, just water, flax oil and protein powder. Omg. That was the most disgusting thing EVER. Not doing that again, lol. Muscle Milk is a waaayyyy better alternative on the run.

It was great to get back to the gym after a couple days of sleeping, watching bad daytime TV and eating nothing but tea, soup and dry toast. The old me probably would have revelled in the laying around and watching TV all day, even if I was sick, but now I don't like sitting still as much when I'm home. I want to be out doing things. I did a little grocery shop, went home and had a nice egg white omelet brunch, tidied the house, and got outside to enjoy the beautiful crisp fall weather. For dinner I attempted to use Shirataki noodles to make spaghetti and marinara sauce. I just used a nice jar of store-bought marinara, but bulked it up with spinach, onions and mushrooms. With a side of baked halibut, a big green salad, and a nice glass of red... it was an awesome dinner. The noodles take some getting used to for sure. They definitely do not have the texture of real pasta, nor would I say it's a close second, but I still thought as a whole it was good. It's sort of how it took some getting used to when I stopped eating meat a few years ago and started adding in tofu. It's not the same, but after awhile, you sort of forget what the real thing is like and start enjoying the substitutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment