Katharine's Progress

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Day 29 and Thoughts about Bread (and Pasta)

DAY 29 and the end of WEEK 4. First day of the next meal plan phase and the first day of adding back in flour. I thought I'd ask Leanne for some good pumpernickel or dark rye bread recipes. I've never made bread on my own, only with Grandma when I was a kid. And let's be honest, she made it, I just got in her way, lol. I just figure that it would be interesting to try it on my own and maybe I can cut the recipe so I make a smaller loaf and waste less. Also, pumpernickel and dark rye are expensive! More than $5 a loaf at the store so it's probably better to make my own anyways. It's funny how little the lack of bread has bothered me. When I think about cutting wheat and flour, it was more the loss of pasta that sucked. I have to say, I still miss it. A big beautiful plate of scrumptious velvety fettuccine alfredo from Carmello's, a heaping plate of spaghetti with Nonna's flavourful and comforting homemade marinara.... I think I'd better stop, I'm going to damage the keyboard with all this drooling. Maybe I'll go trawl Pinterest for one of those raw zucchini pasta recipes with the cashew butter alfredo or whatever. Perhaps it'll curb my cravings.

I read a little saying online and it was exciting to think that I'm already 4 weeks on my way. I definitely feel my body changing and my mind too.

No comments:

Post a Comment